Comparing traditional math calculations vs. the RightDose Guide
errors were measured as < >20% deviation from the correct answer.
Paramedics using traditional math were allowed only a Broselow tape and calculator. No apps were allowed. Paramedics using the RightDose Dosing Guide were allowed to use only the guide itself and no other tools.
- Calculating drug weight
- Traditional Math: 19% error rate vs. RightDose Guide: 4% error rate
- Calculating drug volume in mL
- Traditional Math: 65% error rate vs. RightDose Guide: 4% error rate
- Syringe draw-up
- Traditional Math: 63% error rate vs. RightDose Guide: 7% error rate
- Traditional Math: 16% error rate vs. RightDose Guide: 1% error rate
- Traditional Math: 33% error rate vs. RightDose Guide: 5% error rate
This study shows the vastly different results of experienced paramedics based on the tools used to calculate dosage. To request a free trial of the RightDose Pediatric and Adult Drug Dosing Guide and Mobile App, click here.To see the abstracts and full details of the study follow the links to the original data source.